dimanche 2 novembre 2008

Rock and roll campaign

Ok guys, I know that's not my job to talk about US Politics, If it was the case, I would have called this blog "What ever happened to politics ?".
Even if I like this bright potential title I leave this fantastic subject to people way more funny, concerned and qualified, like for instance Jon Stewart, Tina Fey, Stephen Colbert and so on...

I won't, like many others foreign bloggers cry about, the choice Americans have to make and the fair and natural right, for each and everyone citizen of the world to vote, in order to choose their future "real" president (the people out of the count are the terrorists and all the sick weirdos who would rather die than do that).
And, anyway, if you read this blog for a while, you have probably already figured out who i'd like to vote for (if I was American of course).

Instead of crying,let's take it like a chance, to every 4 years take the pulse of the american society (that, no matter what they say, a lot of French don't know), by observing the campaigns and then, deeply anlayze the results of the vote.

A thing that i would love to do, but no I'm sorry. It is my sacred duty to report what I know about the rock and roll side of this mediatic campaign to design the future ruler of the world. And I'll stick to that.
A lot of you guys are going to be surprised, but apparently, the ultimate rock and roll fan taking part in this campaign is Meghan Mc Cain, one of the daugthers of candidate John Mac Cain, war hero and stuff.
I take quite often a look on her blog, a very interesting way to see the real backstage and organisation of such an event. And moreover the essence of the American mentality (like we like to call it n Europe).

I bet that you'll be surprised scrolling her playlists and finding a bunch of very interesting artists, far from the MTV marketed world that Paris Hilton is trying to sell us, and a lot of things that you don't expect to find in the iPod of the daugther of an republican presidential election candidate:

David Bowie, Elliot Smith, The White Stripes,
Jesus and Mary Chain, The Rolling Stones, Elvis Costello, The Sex Pistols, Iggy Pop, Johnny Cash (okay, you could expect that), Led Zeppelin, The Smiths, The Editors, The Cure, Janis Joplin, The Ramones, The Brian Jonestown Massacre, The Jimi Hendrix Experience, BB King, Blondie, Sid Vicious (who is fucked up enough to listen him in solo), The Doors, The Misfits, Gang of Four (damn, I'm gonna ask her to write this blog with me), Bob Dylan,The Who, Wolfmother, Buddy Holly, JJ Cale, Muddy Waters, The Velvet Underground and Nico, Blur, The Clash (damn I'm gonna ask her to spent the rest of her life with me)...

I know that you don't trust me, you nasty non believers, "duh Everybody can do some name dropping" but I browsed the entire Playlists and there's not only hits and singles in it.
There are also some ignored hidden beauties issued in the best albums of all times like "Castles Made Of Sand" a soft song by Jimi Hendrix or "The Thrill Is Gone", a heart breaking blue by BB King.


A person with these tastes can't be bad, no matter the father.

The lesson by Johnny Rotten remains the same, but is always good to be told: Don't judge a book on his cover...unless you publish an other.

Aucun commentaire: