samedi 3 novembre 2007

Guten Abend, Bonsoir.

I don’t know if many fellows out of France and Germany can get this wonderful TV channel called Arte.
But for some of you out there those shorts intro words can seem familiar.
I’ve got to confess, I’m a great fan of it, especially of some daily and monthly rendezvous.
And because there's not only music in life here are my favourites:

The first one is the Arte Kultur starring Annette Gerlach and Elise Chassaing, right after the Arte info, airing at 9 p.m, Paris time, it’s really cool to watch this kind of culture mash up, I discovered Ken Loach and Lars Von Triers thanks to that show.
And, cherry on top, both of the hosts are pretty.

Metropolis is cool too; even if the opening credits scared the crap out of me when I was a kid (it was featuring a scene of Metropolis, a movie by Fritz Lang, a filmed in black and white futurist city like they were dreaming it in the 30’s).
(Personal message for Flo they’re talking about Andrew bird tomorrow night, gotta record it).

I’m an history fan too and les mercredis de l’histoire (history Wednesdays) are always very educative and all the subjects are always treated without any concession.

And last but not least, Tracks, the great weekly underground cultural happening, it’s aired late on the evening but It’s always a very to good way to discover good artists, and to follow some of your favourite and hardly known ones.
It’s good and really funny when you watch late in the evening some weirdoes photographing some dog poo in the streets or dancing totally naked in some dirty basements…
I’m not kidding guys I really saw those documentaries, but you know art, art, art!

For all the guys who can't get it on TV don’t worry some very good podcasts are available on the Arte's website.

Europe rocks!


PS: Woohoo second post in one day, what kind of wicked blogger Am I?

Aucun commentaire: