jeudi 31 janvier 2008

The last joke from Carlos

Hey everyone,

One month ago died one of the last French 70's entertainers, Carlos (not the terrorist).

A pop reference, known by no one outside the France, belonging to a glittered and old fashioned world.

You will probably ask yourselves, like me, so what?

At first I wanted to do an in depth descriptive approach of his work, using a certain among of irony and sarcasm.

I was writing that in French, and even if I like to laugh about everything, i felt that doing it on a fresh dead was pretty lame.

But, this is my duty here to inform you, bridging another cultural gap.

Did this guy was playing good music? Was he a good, an intelligent songwriter?

The answer is definitely no, even if some kind of hardcore frat boys-like fans still consider him like a misunderstood genius. I'm not so far from thinking that but...

He was nothing more than a fun, an ever partying guy, a friend of the old stars.
A voyaging character, the hero of various cartoons and TV show that kids liked.

Judge those outstanding song by yourself performed here and there

He was just a living anecdote, buy everybody likes those things right?
They're cool and silly, but the world is less a place when they leave.

Anyway, mixing in my blog Carlos and Iggy Pop...my own definition of our world.

Aucun commentaire: